Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Five Saturdays....

In Five Saturdays...31 Days... or simply 1 month the wedding that has been being planned and prepared for will officially take place.

Since I graduated last Saturday I have found myself with a lot more time on my hands to focus on the wedding, and am slowly beginning to realize all the small details that I want done that are still left to complete. I have realized that there are hundreds of little things that you have to think about that although dont seem difficult when you add in an entire bridal party of 14 people, parents, family and friends these simple things begin to complicate themselves. For example.. Transportation... something that is simple for four people that are driving.... to sit in a car and arrive at a destination. When you have 14 people, half in tuxedos and the other half in dresses ( one in a more extravagant white dress) it begins to get a little more difficult. My dad and i have thrown out ideas of using a large van, a limousine, or simply having two cars and finding a friend or family to drive it. We want everyone to arrive at the same time and keep it as simple as possible.... but again it just adds something extra to coordinate before the big day.

Although there are a lot of things left undone, I am suprised how unstressed i am. I believe that at the end of the day on June 7, no matter what gets done or not I will be happily married to the man that I have waited 5 years to be married to! The most important guest, Jeff Unruh, the pastor, RSVP'd recently and as long as he is there i am sure the goal of the day will be accomplished!

We have recently made a trip to Chicago and found a cute apartment downtown, in River North. It has a lot of the things that we were looking for such as location, fitness center, nearby numerous grocery stores, doorman for safety, ... and did i mention the huge walkin closet ?? (This is what sold me on the place ) :)


Finally , if asked what my biggest item left undone , I would answer going through all of my piled up clothes, papers, and things i have collected over the years. Some are easier than others to get rid of, some bring back memories and I am not ready to get rid of yet. All I know is that if I plan on moving in to our new apartment with Josh.... we might not fit with everything i currently own! So wish me luck as i go through it and donate a whole heap of a lot of stuff to GoodWill!!!


I am hoping to keep this blog updated at least once a week ( I can type 5 more posts!) until the wedding! So tune in to see what the next big event is with the wedding!

2 comments:

jjeaton said...

I'm so excited for the next 5 Saturdays!

Anonymous said...

You have had 1164 Saturdays growing towards this special Sautrday that will take you on an adventures for over 4000 Saturdays together with "your dream man". Mom and I have enjoyed being there to see you grow into who you are and look forward to watching you and Josh grow together to what you will become!

We love you both very much!