Monday, February 11, 2008

Adventures in Bloomington

After realizing that we graduate in 2 + months Josh came up with the idea that every Saturday we would try a different ethnic restaurant in Bloomington. The opportunities here are endless from Ethiopian, Asian fusion to Moroccan. So about a month ago we began and here is a short list of some of the places we have tried and would highly recommend if you ever come down and are feeling adventurous with your food choice!!

Casablanca Cafe

**Specializing in authentic Moroccan cuisine. We tried Lamb Kabobs and their special moroccan chicken. Both were delicious and highly recommended!


Ragazzi

**Best Italian food in the area! Ragazzi is a very small, family owned restaurant where on the weekends you can enjoy live music while you dine! This is also the restaurant that Josh took me the night we got engaged!


Cafe Django

**
Cafe Django is an intimate Asian fusion restaurant. Josh and I had delicious Pad Thai and Broccoli Thai dishes. We had to say what level of spiciness we desired, i stayed at a safe 2.5 while Josh took a risk on a 4 (out of a 5 point scale). Both of our meals were surprisingly wonderful! I first introduced Josh to Mochi Ice cream here, if you have never tried it you are missing out!


Snow Lion Restaurant

**Snow Lion serves Tibetan cuisine. This restaurant is owned by the nephew of the Dalai Lama. I stayed safe when ordering since I havent ever experienced any Tibetan food before but, i highly enjoyed it and look forward to going back and possibly being a little more risky in my mean choice.


Japanee
.
** Specializes in Japanese cuisine. We tried a variety of sushi and Josh ordered some meats with sticky rice.


Next Week we are trying Bombay House, famous in Bloomington for its Indian food so I will keep you updated on our Restaurant Adventures in Bloomington. I encourage you to come visit and try all of the yummy tastes from around the world!


1 comment:

Joanna said...

SO cool. Sounds like so much fun! Give us the heads-up when you're going somewhere interesting- I'd love to come along.

We did something similar, trying out local restaurants in the Upland/Muncie area- we had much less variety though. My favorite: "The Chocolate Moose" in redundantly-named Farmland, IN